Who uses Machine Translation?
Machine translation has evolved to become an essential part of business and individual consumer life. These include:
- Individuals use generic machine translation systems such as Google Translate for ad hoc translations from their mobile phones and personal computers where quality and data security are not important.
- Enterprises use customized machine translation for customer support, data mining and sometimes even the publishing of multilingual content where the scale and volume would make it impossible to translate with human translators. Enterprises also leverage machine translation to improve productivity for professional translators.
- The professional translation industry, known as Language Service Providers (LSPs), use machine translation to increase productivity, while ensuring quality standards are maintained via human post-editors.
- Law firms use machine translation as part of their electronic discovery (eDiscovery) processes. Machine translation makes vast amounts of content available for analysis that would have been very difficult to process in a variety of languages.
- Governments use machine translation as part of their intelligence gathering and monitoring activities as well as increasing productivity for human translators when translating policy and other multilingual documents.
There are many other ways that organizations and individuals are using machine translation. Asia Online has a series of tailored solutions for different industries, organization type and business functions. Depending on your requirements, Asia Online can supply the entire solution, or work with our technology partners to deliver a tailored solution that is designed to meet your specific needs.